Your vehicle's tires are one of the most vital components when it comes to safety and drivability. With excellent care, a new set of tires can last you years. However, if you don't properly maintain your tires or your vehicle as a whole, your tires can wear down excessively and unevenly. This can require you to replace one or more tires more often. This is why proper tire care and maintenance is so incredibly important when it comes to saving you time and money.
Tire maintenance isn't difficult! Every driver should be aware of how to inspect and take care of their tires. Here are some of the basic tire maintenance items to remember as a car driver:
- Your vehicle's tires should always have the proper tire pressure. Driving with low tire pressure not only decreases your vehicle's fuel efficiency, but it also can cause trouble with steering and can put you at risk for a tire blow out. Newer cars will be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system which will warn you when a tire is low in air. Never ignore this! If you don't have a car equipped with a warning system, be sure to manually check the tire pressure at least once a month.
- Keep current with your vehicle's tire rotation. A tire rotation is recommended every 5-7,000 miles. A tire rotation will basically ensure that all tires wear evenly so that they will need to be replaced at the same time, and not one or more sooner than the others.
- Try to avoid driving over large debris, potholes, and avoid hitting curbs.
- Visually inspect your tires regularly to look for flatness or any debris, nails, or other items stuck in the tread that could be affecting your driving.
- Took good care of your vehicle overall and be sure that you are receiving regular car inspections here at Dhillon Motorsports to ensure that your tires are always in great condition and that no other faulty parts are wearing them down.
If you suspect that your vehicle has a tire issue or is due for a tire rotation, don't hesitate to stop by Dhillon Motorsports or give us a call today!